We are now looking for a Head of Compliance Testing and Monitoring to focus on regulatory compliance testing in the Group Compliance Testing and Monitoring team and lead a variety of tasks within the oversight framework.
In Compliance Testing and Monitoring we are enabling the Nordea Bank Board of Directors and senior management to manage their accountabilities for compliance risks by providing verified assessments of risk mitigating actions and controls in place. Our activities also enable management’s fact based decision making on compliance risks. In addition we give support, advice and training on monitoring to our colleagues in different business area compliance units.
As the Head of Testing and Monitoring – Regulatory Compliance, you will be offered an interesting role with a variety of tasks. You lead a team of compliance professionals to test and monitor risk management activities focusing on key regulatory compliance areas, such as conduct related to data privacy, financial advice, investor protesting, conflict of interest etc. In addition you will support the building and ongoing development of testing and monitoring methodologies and practices.
The team is located in multiple locations and covers all business areas either directly or in cooperation with other units.
You will be responsible for the support and challenge your unit gives to the compliance framework and guidelines and to the businesses and jurisdictions in regards to the monitoring and assurance activities performed and the outcome of these.
You will encourage a constructive cooperation and dialogue to support development of the compliance testing and monitoring framework and businesses and jurisdictions in managing its compliance risks.
You will play an important part in building and maintaining relations internally and externally are also an important piece of your daily work as well as maintaining flexibility to achieve the objectives for your unit.
Examples or your tasks are:
- Overseeing the planning and scoping of review activities, both at an annual test plan level and individual review level.
- Leading the delivering of testing activities in accordance with the methodology for the programme.
- Provide key insight to the team and stakeholders on risk typologies and risk mitigating strategies in your area of expertise.
- Providing guidance and advice to team members performing testing and monitoring activities on the interpretation and application of the methodology and processes.
- Develop and support training on the testing and monitoring methodology and processes.
- Responding to stakeholder questions on the methodology and processes, such as inquiries from regulators, auditors or other parties etc.
- Quality review and oversight activities.
- Communication with different stakeholders.
You can be located in Finland or Poland.
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Bring expert knowledge of auditing, testing and monitoring processes and of providing risk-based evidence-backed testing and monitoring activities and leading teams in these areas.
- Are experienced in interpreting regulatory requirements and evaluating what a proportionate and appropriate control environment requires.
- Have strong communication and leadership skills.
- Are able to implement operational plans and set concrete targets for the team as well as for each employee and in addition you ensure that your direct reports understand how their targets and plans are linked to the strategy.
- You are able provide timely and well-documented feedback, coach, assess performance and communicate with your direct reports is something you are highly motivated by.
Your experience and background:
- Leading audit or compliance testing teams within the financial sector, preferably in an ECB supervised entity.
- Reviewing and interpreting relevant guidance (such as EBA and ESMA) and have experience within compliance and risk management frameworks.
- Demonstrated ability to manage across multiple stakeholder groups and across legal entities.
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 31/08/2020.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a and b. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing personal data is necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: https://www.nordea.com/en/doc/privacy-policy.2021.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.